Hydrolysed collagen peptides with Magnesium
Where do i buy collagen supplements in Kenya? Do they actually work? Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is a key constituent of cartilage, tendons and bones. Our bodies make collagen from amino acids (the building blocks of protein). Collagen supplements are gaining popularity, not only in Kenya but around the world.
The idea behind taking these supplements therefore, is that your body will use these amino acids to protect and rebuild/regenerate your joint cartilage. This in turn restores your joint to its healthy state, relieving the pain and other symptoms. We have added magnesium, an element that is actively involved in the formation of all the proteins in the body. In addition, Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function. https://angylineeuproducts.co.ke/benefits-of-collagen-for-joint-repair/
Symptoms of wear and tear/degeneration in the joints
Worn out cartilage and discs, damaged tendons and ligaments can lead to:
- friction in the joints
- Other symptoms include grating sensation and numbness.
Wear and tear/ degenerative disorder can occur in any joint. Most common complain is knee pain, heel pain, back and neck pain, hip, finger and shoulder pain. Usually, we see these symptoms in those aged above 40 years as well as those with a family history of degenerative disorders.
Many studies show benefits of collagen supplements in the following areas:
- Muscle mass: A 2015 study in elderly men showed that a combination of collagen peptide supplements and strength training increased muscle mass and strength. (10Trusted Source).
- Arthritis: Another study gave supplements to people suffering from osteoarthritis. They experienced a significant decline in pain over the 70-day study. (11Trusted Source).
- Skin elasticity: Women who took a supplement showed improvements in skin elasticity in a 2014 study. Collagen is also used in topical treatments to improve the appearance of skin by minimising lines and wrinkles (12Trusted Source, 13Trusted Source).
- Strong nails and hair https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/collagen-benefits#2.-Helps-relieve-joint-pain
What is the process of making hydrolysed collagen? To begin with, we boil collagen (Bone or skin) for a long time (as in bone broth),to break it down into gelatin. Later on, we further “pre-digest” into basic amino acids, called collagen peptides or hydrolysed collagen. These are more easily absorbed in the body.
Average content per daily dose of:
6 tablets (4.3 g) – hydrolysed collagen 3.6 g and magnesium 185 mg (49% NRV*).
9 tablets (6.5 g) – hydrolysed collagen 5.4 g and magnesium 278 mg (74% NRV*)
Back to our original question of where to buy collagen supplements in Kenya: Ana maria Lajusticia brand of collagen is made from Spain with European standards. The Magnesium in the supplement helps in it’s absorption among other benefits like muscle relaxation.
You can find the collagen supplements on this website or contact us directly. We are based in Nairobi for ease of distribution.
What is the collagen price in Kenya? Our prices are so unbeatable! A pack of 200 high strength collagen tablets goes for Sh 2,000 while the bigger pack of 450 tablets is discounted and goes for Sh 4,300.