Co Enzyme Q10 benefits:CoQ10 supplements in Kenya
What are the benefits of Co Enzyme Q10 (CoQ10) food supplements and where can you find it in Kenya? First things first! Co enzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that your body produces naturally, with the highest levels in the heart, liver, kidneys, and pancreas. CoQ10 benefits your cells by promoting growth and maintenance. As an antioxidant, CoQ10 also protects the cells in the body by neutralizing free radicals, which reduces oxidative stress in the body.
Several factors can lower CoQ10 levels in the body. These include:
- taking statins, which are cholesterol-lowering medications
- genetic mutations that affect the production of CoQ10
- disorders of the mitochondria, which are the parts of the cell that generate energy
CoQ10 foods: CoQ10 is found in meat, oily fish, eggs, nuts and whole grains. However, the amount of CoQ10 found in these dietary sources, isn’t enough to significantly increase CoQ10 levels in your body. Levels of CoQ10 in your body decrease as you age and have also been found to be lower in people with certain conditions, such as heart disease.
As a supplement, CoQ10 Kenya supplement is available as capsules, tablets and by IV.
CoQ10 supplements benefits
- Oxidative stress can cause tissue damage, inflammation, or cell death. There are links between oxidative stress and a range of disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease.
- regulating high blood pressure
- Lowering blood sugar in type 2 diabetic patients
- CoQ10 and statins – reducing the effects of cholesterol-reducing drugs known as statins
- Treating migraines – Chronic migraines may be due to inflammation of neurons and cells in a part of the brain.A 2018 clinical trial investigated whether coQ10 supplements could reduce inflammation in 45 women with episodic migraines. The women took 400 mg daily doses of either a CoQ10 supplement or a placebo. The women who took the CoQ10 supplements had fewer and less intense migraines when compared to the placebo group.
WHAT’S IN THE BOTTLE
- 60 pearls of coenzyme Q10 (100mg capsules)
- Care Label: 1 pearl a day after meals.
- Main Material: Ubiquinol
- Production Country: Spain
Directions for use: 1 capsule a day
- Consult your doctor if you have low blood pressure issue
- CoQ10 may interact with the anticoagulant (blood thinner) warfarin and the diabetes drug insulin, and it may not be compatible with some types of cancer treatment.